For the past 26 years, since 1992, the Torrance Police Officers Association has held our Memorial Charity Golf Tournament, where 100% of the tournament proceeds fund 5 (five) Scholarships for a total amount of $10,000 for students attending our local High Schools. These Scholarships are awarded in memory of our fallen police officers who gave their lives while serving the citizens of Torrance. The Torrance Police Officers Association, incorporated on February 18, 1950, is a non-profit 501 (c) (4) organization, with over 200 police officers, dedicated to serving the City of Torrance. All donations or sponsorships are tax deductible.
With the rising cost of college education, the Torrance Police Officers Association, with your kind assistance, strives to continue helping the youths of our community and hopes to increase the funding we can provide.
Please join us for our Memorial Golf Tournament (Click here to visit event page) and help us to raise the funds to honor these fallen officers and to support the future leaders of our community
We send out our Applications to each of the area High Schools in February of each school year so that students may apply.
Please set these dates aside if your son/daughter would like to pick up an application at his/her school.
Applications Available: February 6, 2018
Application Deadline: Tuesday, March 13, 2018
We can only accept 10 applications from each high school
Scholarship Committee Will Meet on Monday, March 26th at which time a winner will be selected.
- Outside Interests and community services
- All Torrance graduating seniors are eligible
- Must attend a Torrance High School
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or show proof that they have applied for citizenship
- Photograph (not returnable)
- Unmarried at the time of the scholarship
- Remain in school or forfeit the scholarship
- Attend a four year school or accredited Junior College or Trade School
- Carry at least 12 units of college courses
- 3.0 Grade Point Average shall be required to apply
- Transcript must be submitted
- Two recommendations included
If awarded, the recipient of the scholarship award must provide the scholarship committee with proof of enrollment prior to having monies sent to them. The scholarship monies will be payable directly to the recipient only after proof of registration and confirmation of enrollment is received by Torrance POA.